Terms and procedure of membership in the European Network of Fibromyalgia Associations (ENFA)
- Candidate members have to be an official, recognised organisation/association according to their national regulations.
- Candidate members must have stated in their constitution that representing the interest of people living with fibromyalgia is the main or one of the main purposes of the organisation/association.
- Candidate members should be a representative group of people living with fibromyalgia in their country.
- A starting point could be 0.1% of people with fibromyalgia in the candidate’s country. People with fibromyalgia can be estimated by 1 % of the population from the candidate’s country. For example, in the Netherlands, the population is around 16 million, estimating 160,000 people with fibromyalgia, and thus 160 members are required.
The ENFA Board can give dispensation from this article if there are sufficient reasons, including:
- If an organisation/association has recently been established;
- If there is the prospect that the organisation/association will reach the target within three years after starting the membership.
A full annual fee to ENFA has to be paid from the moment that the membership is granted, starting in the year the membership starts. Candidate members have the right to ask the Board to start the membership at a later date.
- All applications and supplementary documents must be sent, by email to email@example.com. All documents must be supplied in English.
- Applications can only be made by completing all sections of the application form, accompanied by the constitution in English, a proof of registration and a certified notification of the number of members from the association. The application form can be found on the website at: https://www.enfa-europe.eu/membership/.
- After receiving the application and all supplementary documents, the candidate organisation/association will receive conformation of their application. Within four weeks, the candidate organisation/association will receive a copy of the recommendation on their membership to ENFA. The candidate organisation/ association then has four weeks to react to this recommendation. Within three months of the initial conformation, the candidate organisation/association will receive the final decision of the ENFA Board.